(Book Talk at 1:00:10 – not a ton of book talk this week!)
Sorry I sound like a frog!! Hopefully I’ll be back to normal next episode (cross your fingers for me…). There are many more edits than usual due to my coughing and hacking.
Trip to Seattle
What’s left on the #yarnitforward board to be claimed (thread open through the end of January):
• 4 skeins of Mission Falls 1824 Superwash Merino Wool in a tan color
• 3 skeins of Lamb’s Pride Worsted in colorway Old Sage
• 2 skeins of Classic Elite Fresco (sport weight alpaca) in a bright gorgeous red, colorway 5355
• 1 skein of Berroco Ultra Alpaca in a vibrant purple, 1 skein of Alpaca Sox (fingering/sock weight) in an evergreen color
• 2 mini-skeins of Miss Babs (fingering weight), 137 yards each, light gray and dark grey/purple, coordinating colors
• 1 skein Fiberphile supersquish sock yarn, needs to be rewound, however it is totes gorge, so check it out!
Husband Socks continue slowly in Crazy Zauberball
Owls Sweater is hibernating
Taana Cardigan in Berroco Glint (sparkly cotton blend)
Palmyre Shawl is on the needles!
Commuter Mitts for my sister, a free pattern on Knitty
Beautiful Finished Ondawa on Z’s blog, Quixotic Thread.
Inspired by the BT Fall 14 Trunk Show at Churchmouse Yarns & Tea
Bellows by Michele Wang
Going to knit in Cascase 220 in the colorway Sparrow.
Knitting Awards of 2014
Most Impressive Knit: Old Romance
Most Useful Knit: Seed Stitch Mittens
Hippest Knit: Bethel Tank
Win/Win/Win or Best Bang for my Buck: Balmy
Happiest Knit: Hermione’s Sock Bunnies
Canada by Richard Ford
Empty Mansions by Bill Dedman
Nora Webster by Colm Toibin
X-Files has JUMPED THE SHARK
Fringe is good stuff
The Spoils of Babylon is silly
The 12-Bottle Bar by David Solmonson & Lesley Jacobs Solmonson
Next episode will cover my favorite books of 2014.
Spinning, possibly with the DSPAKAL, hosted by Kristin of Voolenvine Yarns
Weaving Works in Seattle, WA
Thank you to Barb of the 2knitlitchicks for mentioning my podcast!!